The Casper Wave is looking to make a Splash in the market
The problem is, they are currently just selling it in the states. People in the UK are probably going to have to wait a few months before it becomes available. Not that I want to rub it in, just want to make sure you are prepared for when the Casper Wave gets to Europe.
Is Casper going to be able to keep their momentum going, with the launch of a new bed? They have had enormous success with the one size fits all philosophy. Now they are moving to the, you have options category of sales. I wonder how this may change their current marketing philosophy which is mostly centered on the brand and not on their products. For example, I found this add in the most unlikely place.
Who would have thought that the airport TSA would sell advertising space on the bottom of the buckets used to collect your valuables?
The wave is a bit taller than the traditional Casper, so I’m hoping that extra thickness will help support larger customers. This is a pretty slick video that they put together on their site and now I want to get one, strip it down and try to replicate this as a real life test. My testing schedule is booked out for awhile, but I’m thinking about bumping some of them down to squeeze in this new Casper wave.
Here are my initial thoughts/part 1 of my Casper Wave review (English)
Part 2 of the Casper Wave Review: after 30 days of testing
So the Casper Wave is a mattress that gave me a serious love hate relationship. Overall, the Casper Wave is the worst mattress that I have tested so far. Find out why below.
Inside they have a welcome card in English and French, so my gut tells me that Casper is planning on selling the Wave in Europe also.
Alright, I pulled the trigger on getting a queen sized one after customer service advised me that it was in stock.
we’ve received your order and all
systems are go. When your order ships, we’ll send
you another email with your tracking info
This is the most expensive online bed in a box that I have purchased. Converted to pounds its about £1437 with the exchange rate today.
Casper did something that I wouldn’t have expected them to do. I recently purchased a mattress from them and then found a discount a couple of days later, yet before it arrived. I contacted customer service and they gave me that discount.
Interested in a Casper mattress? Here is a Casper voucher for £50 off
Thinking about buying the items we have reviewed? Help Non-Biased Reviews out if you do. Just click on any of the seller links above and the seller will contribute a portion of the sale to help support this site. It won’t cost you anything extra and is a simple way to help us fund more items to review. Thank You!
Here is the outline transcript of the Casper Wave Review after 30 days.
· I HAVE A LOVE HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE CASPER WAVE
o HATE THE PRICE (I PAID $1850)
o LOVE THE TOP 2 LAYERS (WE WILL DISCUSS LATER)
o LOVED THE HONEYMOON PERIOD
o HATED THE BACK PAIN
§ TRIED IT ON A SLATTED BED
§ TRIED IT ON THE FLOOR!!!
§ TRIED IT ON AN ADJUSTABLE BASE
o LOVE UPGRADED COVER & DESIGN: GREY TO WHITE DESIGN MUCH MORE LUXURIOUS
o LOVE THE UPGRADED ZIPPER (I KNOW THAT’S A SMALL DETAIL)
· LET’S START WITH THE PRICE $1,850, IT IS ABOUT DOUBLE THE TRADITIONAL CASPER
o IT’S SIMPLY TOO HIGH, I EXPECT THE PRICE TO COME WAY DOWN
· WAVE IS 11.5 INCHES TALL AND CONSISTS OF 5 LAYERS
o COMPARISON TRADITIONAL CASPER IS 10” IN 4 LAYERS
· Top layer is 1” flo foam high quality viscoelastic foam
· 2” of latex foam
· 3rd layer is 2” of memory foam
· HERE IS WHERE IT GETS INTERESTING 4TH LAYER HAS HOLES FOR THE TOP AND BOTTOM WHERE YOUR SHOLDERS AND LEGS GO
o THEN IN THE MIDDLE THERE IS A POLYMER NETWORK
· THE SYSTEM IS DESIGNED TO GIVE PROPER SPINAL ALIGNMENT
o SOUNDS GREAT, BUT IT DIDN’T WORK FOR ME
o IN FACT THE OPPOSITE HAPPENED MY HIPS AND BUTT ARE PUSHED TO FAR UP SO IM GETTING THE REVERSE EFFECT
· TRIED IT ON A SLATTED BED FOR A FEW NIGHTS, BACK PAIN TOSSING AND TURNING
· TRIED IT ON THE FLOOR! YES THE FLOOR! THINKING MAYBE IT WAS MY BED AND NOT THE MATTRESS, NOPE!
· TOOK SEVERAL DAYS OFF, SLEPT ON A FEW DIFFERENT MATTRESSES BACK PAIN IS GONE NOW…
· TRIED IT ON AN ADJUSTABLE BASE…NOW IM ON TO SOMETHING, BY RAISING MY SHOULDERS AND FEET INTO A ZERO GRAVITY POSITION I COUNTERED THE POLYMER’S EFFECT ON MY BACK
o IM LEFT WITH THIS QUESTION DOES THE WAVE REQUIRE AN ADJUSTABLE FRAME?
o THEIR WEBSITE ENCOURAGES YOU TO BUY ONE
§ IS THIS DESIGNED FOR HEAVY PEOPLE?
§ PROBABLY, IM NOT SURE IM THE TARGET MARKET FOR THIS MATTRESS
§ TRADITIONAL CASPER HAS SOME SINK TO IT, SO THEY PROBABLY MADE THIS FOR HEAVY PEOPLE
· IF THE PRICE OF THE WAVE AND THE CASPER WERE THE SAME WHICH WOULD I PICK
o THE CASPER
· WHAT WOULD I CHANGE ABOUT THE WAVE
o HAVE 2 SETTINGS FOR THE POLYMER SECTION
§ SETTING 1 HAS HALF AS MANY POLYMER STRIPES
§ HEAVY SETTING AS IS
o LOWER THE PRICE
o REDESIGN THE TRADITIONAL CASPER TO INCORORATE THE TOP 2 LAYERS OF THE WAVE, OF COURSE THAT WOULD LIKELY INCREASE THE COST OF THE CASPER (SO THAT’S PROABABLY NOT GOING TO HAPPEN)
· BOTTOM LINE IF YOU ARE A PETITE SIDE SLEEPER LIKE ME YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK AT OTHER MATTRESS OPTIONS
· THIS MAY WORK FOR PEOPLE ON THE HEAVY SIDE, BUT THEN YOU STILL HAVE THE PRICE ISSUE, THERE ARE MANY OTHER OPTIONS THAT DON’T HAVE THE RISK OF THE POLYMER SECTION ISSUE